You and your ex went to court to decide how much child support you would receive after your San Francisco divorce. Initially, you may have been satisfied with the amount, but now you believe it isn’t enough. Is there anything you can do? Although many requests are made for increases of child support, those that are approved typically have to fall within eligible reasons.
Typical Reasons for Granting a Change in Child Support Orders
- The amount of child support the judge initially ordered falls below the guideline amount
- One parent has lost his or her job
- One parent has another child from a previous relationship
- One parent has been incarcerated
- The income of one or both parents has changed
- There have been significant changes in the amount of time the child spends with each parent
- There have been changes in any of the factors used to determine child support
- The child’s needs have changed
If you believe you should receive more child support than what you are already receiving, the first step you should take is to speak with a San Francisco divorce attorney. From answering your questions about the process to filing the necessary motions, a lawyer is your best chance at receiving the outcome you desire.
The Law Offices of Paul H. Nathan specialize in helping women obtain the child support they and their families deserve, and getting through divorces as best as possible. Contact us today to discuss your situation and find out what we can do for you.
“Like” us on Facebook to receive informative updates.