You have been hurt by your ex-husband, and now it is difficult to know who to trust or where to turn. One of the people you need the most help from right away is your San Francisco child support attorney. This is the person who will be your voice in court and stand up for the rights of your family. With so much on the line for you and your kids, you need a strong lawyer to advocate for you.
When you are in the process of finding the right child support attorney in San Francisco to represent your family, here are five things to look for:
- Prompt return of correspondence. When you have a question for your lawyer, you need a fast response. Find someone who is willing and able to return your calls or e-mails within the same business day so that you can have confidence you will always get the response you need quickly.
- Sympathetic listening ear. You are going through a difficult time. You can make this process a little bit easier by finding a San Francisco child support attorney who understands your struggle and is willing to listen.
- Access to all paperwork. Turning your fate over to an attorney is not easy. With the right attorney, you will have access to all of the paperwork that arrives at the office (or that you provide) so that you always have what you need to stay on top of your case.
- Contact prior to hearings. The days leading up to your trial can be a stressful time in your life. Your lawyer should be in touch with you, prepare you for what to expect in court, and answer any last minute questions.
- Realistic expectations of the possible outcomes. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Work with someone who is willing to give you the best case scenario and worst case scenario so that you have a realistic view of what your life will be like when your trial is finished.
At the Law Offices of Paul H. Nathan, we understand the emotional and financial struggles you face. Contact one of our San Francisco child support lawyers to learn more about how we can help your family get what you deserve.