Going through a divorce in California is far from anyone’s ideal situation. You have the division of assets, the dissolution of the marriage you expected to last forever, and an emotional roller coaster to face in the days, weeks, and months ahead.
With the difficulty of divorce come quite a few concerns. These fears and worries can keep you up at night wondering if you are making the right decision and if you’re doing all the right things to keep you and your family safe over the long term. To help you better understand your divorce and what you can expect, here are answers to your top five concerns in a San Francisco separation:
- Is divorce expensive? This depends on the relationship between you and your spouse. If your spouse is ruthless, it may cost more to battle against him or her. If your spouse is willing to work with you, it will not cost as much to reach a reasonable settlement.
- How long until it’s all over? This also depends on the relationship with your spouse. If your spouse has certain guidelines he or she is unwilling to waver on, it may take longer to negotiate. However, if your spouse is reasonable and you both want a fast and easy resolution, the divorce can be easier than you may think.
- Do I really need a California divorce attorney? Many women believe that they have a reasonable and simple relationship with their spouse—at least this is the case until negotiations start. Divorce is complicated, and having a lawyer on your side who understands the system can save you emotional stress and protect you from losing monetary compensation.
- Is a trip to court really necessary? Many times, divorced couples can negotiate terms in a polite and courteous way. When this does not happen and a divorce is highly contested, you may be forced to go to court.
- What if we can save the marriage? You may still hold onto hope that your marriage can be saved. This can make you even more fearful of going through with a divorce in San Francisco or hiring an attorney. Most of the time, couples that choose to split do so for good. It is better to plan for the worst and hope for the best in this situation.
Putting a San Francisco divorce attorney on your side can help you get answers to these and other worries. Contact the Law Offices of Paul H. Nathan today to learn more about how we can help you navigate the rocky waters of divorce and come away with a fair and just resolution to your worries.