Have you ever typed “Should I get a divorce?” into Google? Choosing to end a marriage is a big deal, especially if you share children. You may feel uncertain about whether this is really what you want.
The truth is only you can decide what’s right for you. A situation that is fine for one woman may be completely intolerable for another. Here are five signs that a California divorce might be right for you:
- You constantly fantasize about life without your spouse. It’s perfectly normal to occasionally imagine life without your spouse. It’s not normal if to fantasize about divorce constantly. If the thought of spending the rest of your life with your spouse brings you to tears, it may be time for a divorce.
- You can’t remember the last time you were happy together. Do you remember why you fell in love? Do those reasons still exist? Every marriage has its rough spots. When rough spots become the norm, it may be time to consider ending your marriage.
- You don’t want to share your thoughts and feelings with your spouse. Do you trust your spouse with your innermost thoughts and feelings? Do you feel as if your spouse would belittle your hopes and dreams? A lack of communication is a sign of lack of trust. Do you want to stay in a marriage where there is no trust?
- You have no sex life. Has one or both of you lost interest in sex? A marriage without intimacy is a marriage of convenience. Is this how you see spending the rest of your life?
- You are interested in counseling, but your spouse is not. One person cannot fix a marriage. If your spouse is not interested in fixing your marital problems, or is belittling your feelings, it may be time to move on.
Still not sure? While you are deciding, request a free copy of San Francisco divorce attorney Paul Nathan’s book, What Every Woman in California Should Know About Divorce. If you’d like to discuss your options with a San Francisco divorce lawyer, contact The Law Offices of Paul H. Nathan at 415-341-1144.