Answer: To start, find a good family law attorney as soon as possible. You only have thirty days from the date you were served to file your response to your husband’s petition for divorce. Second, your attorney should move for an emergency spousal support order and visitation order. This will allow you some money to put yourself back on your feet and ability to see your children. This is to start off the process. You should speak to an attorney in person to be able to design a plan to resolve your divorce matter as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Search Our Site
Please complete this short form and we will contact you to discuss it in more detail.
- Posted on 07/10/2020 Understand How Custody and Visitation Decisions Are Made in California
- Posted on 06/10/2020 Domestic Violence in Marriage Can Impact California Divorces
- Posted on 05/01/2020 If Your Ex Is Convicted of Domestic Violence, He Should Not Be Granted Custody of Your Children
- Posted on 04/07/2020 Domestic Violence Rises Worldwide during quarantine
- Posted on 06/03/2019 Fergie files for divorce from Josh Duhamel
- Posted on 05/20/2019 Divorcing and Living Together - Don't Strangle Your Husband!
- Eight Figure Settlement with a Contested Date of Separation Big Win on Date of Separation
- Husband ends up accepting a massive reduction in spousal support! Gigantic Spousal Support Savings for Wife
- Plaintiff dismisses her Marvin Claim against Paul's client Dismissal