Answer: To start, find a good family law attorney as soon as possible. You only have thirty days from the date you were served to file your response to your husband’s petition for divorce. Second, your attorney should move for an emergency spousal support order and visitation order. This will allow you some money to put yourself back on your feet and ability to see your children. This is to start off the process. You should speak to an attorney in person to be able to design a plan to resolve your divorce matter as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Search Our Site
Please complete this short form and we will contact you to discuss it in more detail.
- Posted on 06/11/2021 An article I wrote for the Family Law Specialist Magazine on the tools available to force opposing counsel into cooperating and/or seeking sanctions against the opposing attorney, personally.
- Posted on 04/05/2021 Most people, not just women, I’ve spoken to believe domestic violence or domestic abuse is limited to physical abuse i.e., your narcissist physically assaults you, hitting you. In spite of this, California courts are at the forefront of recognizing various forms of domestic abuse and protecting the victims.
- Posted on 03/10/2021 7 Ideas for Creative Custody Arrangements
- Posted on 06/17/2021 A young female student was attacked by another student smashing her head into a cement wall. The school district refused to do anything to protect the student afterward forcing her to withdraw from school. Paul and his co-counsel are taking on Petaluma City Schools District on behalf of the young victim. Bullying starts at an early age and schools need to step in and deal with the bullying student.
- Posted on 03/02/2021 A number of magazines claim to know the real reason behind Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's divorce from reviewing the court papers.
- Posted on 02/14/2021 Reverend Al Sharpton Files For Divorce From Estranged Wife — 17 Years After Initial Separation