Answer: To start, find a good family law attorney as soon as possible. You only have thirty days from the date you were served to file your response to your husband’s petition for divorce. Second, your attorney should move for an emergency spousal support order and visitation order. This will allow you some money to put yourself back on your feet and ability to see your children. This is to start off the process. You should speak to an attorney in person to be able to design a plan to resolve your divorce matter as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Search Our Site
Please complete this short form and we will contact you to discuss it in more detail.
- Posted on 01/12/2021 Life After Divorce for Stay-at-Home Moms
- Posted on 12/01/2020 A New Parenting Agreement Might Be Called for This Holiday Season
- Posted on 11/11/2020 How California Law Deals With Division of Property for Unmarried Couples
- Posted on 08/26/2020 In a Custody Battle? You are not alone.
- Posted on 04/07/2020 Domestic Violence Rises Worldwide during quarantine
- Posted on 06/03/2019 Fergie files for divorce from Josh Duhamel