Answer: To start, find a good family law attorney as soon as possible. You only have thirty days from the date you were served to file your response to your husband’s petition for divorce. Second, your attorney should move for an emergency spousal support order and visitation order. This will allow you some money to put yourself back on your feet and ability to see your children. This is to start off the process. You should speak to an attorney in person to be able to design a plan to resolve your divorce matter as efficiently and effectively as possible.