Answer: To start, find a good family law attorney as soon as possible. You only have thirty days from the date you were served to file your response to your husband’s petition for divorce. Second, your attorney should move for an emergency spousal support order and visitation order. This will allow you some money to put yourself back on your feet and ability to see your children. This is to start off the process. You should speak to an attorney in person to be able to design a plan to resolve your divorce matter as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Search Our Site
Please complete this short form and we will contact you to discuss it in more detail.
- Posted on 09/10/2020 You Have to Have a Very Good Reason to Annul a Marriage in California
- Posted on 08/12/2020 For Better or for Worse, but Not for COVID: Has the Pandemic Put Too Much Stress on Your Marriage?
- Posted on 07/10/2020 Understand How Custody and Visitation Decisions Are Made in California
- Posted on 08/26/2020 In a Custody Battle? You are not alone.
- Posted on 04/07/2020 Domestic Violence Rises Worldwide during quarantine
- Posted on 06/03/2019 Fergie files for divorce from Josh Duhamel