Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 415-635-0411
The Law Offices of Paul H. Nathan

15 Places to Submit a Name Change After a Divorce in California

Blog Category:
Comments (0)

If you’re facing divorce, you’re probably ready for the whole process to be over with so you can be “you” again. You’re ready to take the world by storm and just want to get back to being yourself, but can you really be “you” with his name? Of course you can, but it’s so much easier to create a bright, new future by shedding everything from your past—starting with your name.


In order to help you hit the ground running, we’ve compiled a list of places where you’ll need to apply your name change. While it’s not inclusive, it’ll be a helpful start to your journey.


  1. Social Security Office
  2. Employer
  3. Driver’s license
  4. Passport
  5. Voter registration
  6. Car title
  7. Insurance policies (auto, health, life)
  8. Bank accounts
  9. Creditors
  10. Utilities
  11. Medical records
  12. Email / online accounts
  13. Memberships
  14. Subscriptions
  15. Notify family and friends


The above list can seem daunting, but many of these changes can take place at the same time. Changing your name can provide you with peace of mind and emotional healing after divorce—a task well worth the effort.


If you have questions about divorce in California, contact San Francisco divorce attorney Paul Nathan. Complete our quick contact form or call 866-414-4091 to schedule your initial consultation.

Category: Divorce

Paul Nathan
Connect with me
San Francisco Divorce & Custody Lawyer Representing Women Exclusively

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "15 Places to Submit a Name Change After a Divorce in California"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.