Paul Nathan Receives Award for Professional Excellence
Posted on Nov 25, 2013
Paul Nathan Rated by his Peers to Practice Law at the Highest Level of Professional Excellence!
LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell recently informed they were bestowing on him their highest attorney rating. AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, founded in 1868, is the leading information services company to the legal profession. The company publishes the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which provides background information on United States lawyers and law firms.
The Ratings Explanation Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ reflect a combination of achieving a Very High General Ethical Standards rating and a Legal Ability numerical rating. A threshold number of responses are required to achieve a rating.
The General Ethical Standards rating denotes adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence and other criteria relevant to the discharge of professional responsibilities. Those lawyers who meet the "Very High" criteria of General Ethical Standards can proceed to the next step in the ratings process - Legal Ability.
Legal Ability ratings are based on performance in five key areas, rated on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest). These areas are:
• Legal Knowledge - Lawyer's familiarity with the laws governing his/her specific area of practice(s)
• Analytical Capabilities - Lawyer's creativity in analyzing legal issues and applying technical knowledge
• Judgment - Lawyer's demonstration of the salient factors that drive the outcome of a given case or issue.
• Communication Ability - Lawyer's capability to communicate persuasively and credibly
• Legal Experience - Lawyer's degree of experience in his/her specific area of practice(s)
The numeric ratings range may coincide with the appropriate Certification Mark:
• AV Preeminent® (4.5-5.0) - AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
• BV Distinguished® (3.0-4.4) - BV Distinguished® is an excellent rating for a lawyer with some experience. A widely respected mark of achievement, it differentiates a lawyer from his or her competition.
• Rated (1.0-2.9) - The Peer Review Rated designation demonstrates that the lawyer has met the very high criteria of General Ethical Standing.
Paul has been awarded the AV Preeminent® (4.5-5.0) by his peers.
Give the Law Offices of Paul H. Nathan a call at 415-341-1144 if you'd like to set up an appointment to speak with a knowledgeable lawyer regarding your divorce, custody and/or support matter.